Budget and Financial Information
Let's talk about the budget
Read the 2020 Proposed Budget and Financial Plan to learn about how the City builds the budget, how the budget benefits tax payers, where your tax dollars go, and more. The 2020 Proposed Budget works to align investments with the priorities Elgin residents identified in the community survey, as well as the City's 2018-2022 Strategic Principles and Priorities.
We update this page regularly, so check in often, learn about the budget and help us see what's important to you!
Learn about the City's budget and help us understand what is most important to Elgin residents.
We want to hear from you!
Budget Meeting Schedule
Join us for the 2020 budget discussion meetings at City Hall Council Chambers on the following dates:
- Wednesday, November 6 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 13 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday November 20 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 4 at 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 18 at 6 p.m.
"Budget On-the-Go" Schedule
“Budget On-the-Go” is series of informal meetings where you can hear from City staff, tell us what’s important to you and ask questions about how Elgin invests its money each year. Join us for breakfast, lunch, or in the evening. Find a time, date and location that works for you. You can download the event flyer here.
- Tuesday, November 12, 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. "Budget & Brews" at Paul’s Family Restaurant, 1300 Lawrence Avenue, Elgin. ***Coffee provided
- Thursday, November 21, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. "Budget & Brews" at Lounge 51, Dream Hall, 51 S. Grove Avenue, Elgin. ***Coffee provided
- Tuesday, December 3, 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. "Let's Taco 'Bout the Budget" at The Haight, 166 Symphony Way, Elgin. ***Tacos provided
Join the Discussion